Tag Archives: SBA

Small Business Lending: Third and Fourth Quarter 2014

Small Business Lending: Third and Fourth Quarter 2014 (PDF) Source: U.S. Small Business Administration Economic activity in the United States was stronger in the second half of 2014 compared to the first half of 2014. Favorable financial conditions, including declines in the cost of borrowing for most businesses and households, supported this growth. Small business […]

Small Business Market Update, June 2015

Small Business Market Update, June 2015 (PDF) Source: U.S. Small Business Administration Small businesses (firms with 1-499 employees) continue to add more net new jobs than large businesses (500+ employees). Through the first three quarters of 2014, small businesses added 1.4 million net new jobs (Figure 1). Firms with 1-49 employees have contributed the most […]

Putting Recent Venture Capital Gains in Perspective

Putting Recent Venture Capital Gains in Perspective (PDF) Source: U.S. Small Business Administration (T)he first quarter of fiscal year 2015 had the highest level of venture capital investment in a first quarter since the year 2000. This upward trend is part of a sizeable post-recessionary rebound in venture capital. The fact sheet also examines the […]

An Overlooked Demographic: Equally-Owned Businesses or EOBs

An Overlooked Demographic: Equally-Owned Businesses or EOBs (PDF) Source: U.S. Small Business Administration From email: Equally-owned businesses (EOBs) represent a significant share of firms, employment, and receipts. These firms are frequently overlooked in discussions about business owner demographics. To say that 30 percent of firms are female-owned suggests that the other 70 percent are owned […]

Profile of Veteran Business Owners: 2013

Profile of Veteran Business Owners: 2013 (PDF) Source: U.S. Small Business Administration Veteran business owners and entrepreneurs make important contributions to business creation and growth in the American economy. Their active duty and reserve service often provides them with important skills and leadership abilities that are directly relevant to business ownership. Because the economic welfare […]